Pormpur Paanthu Aboriginal Corporation is a non-government, community controlled organisation, established in 1991 out of a community need.
Its focus is to provide quality, evidence-based services for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander families in Pormpuraaw.
- Domestic violence and drug and alcohol preventative education,
counselling, advocacy and support for families
- Social emotional wellbeing services
- Family wellbeing services
- Other Social Services
- Men’s Group activities (Inc. Lawn Mowing & Yard Maintenance Service)
- Women’s Group activities
- Youth activities
- Outside School Hours Care services
- Vacation Care activities
- Child Care services (Long Day Care) including playgroup, Child & Family Services (CAFS) & parenting
- Women’s Shelter services (Maantchangk Women’s Shelter that is open 52 weeks a year with 7 days a week on call service)